The Best beach of Barcelona
Barcelona is one of the select cities in the world that can boast good beaches and a long promenade near the urban center. What happens is that most of the year these beaches are saturated with bathers, product sellers, masseurs and others. However, the central beaches such as Barceloneta or the Villa Olimpica can be convenient if you are looking for a fun and young atmosphere with bars and beach bars, and you do not care much people and noise. Among the places to escape are the small towns of the province of Barcelona, where there are beaches with medium and coarse grain sand that, without being tropical resorts, have their charm. But best of all is that they are easily reachable by trains from Cercanías (Rodalies) or by car.
TOP 10 most beautiful beaches near Barcelona:
1) Ocata Beach. Located in the municipality of El Masnou, it has a well-deserved prestige. It is a huge and bright beach, of unusual width in the Maresme region, frequented by gangs of young people and families well supplied with refrigerators, chairs, shovels and other beach equipment. It has sports areas, beach bars, a stretch of nudist beach! For lunch or dinner, any of the restaurants that surround the nearby marina
2) Beaches of Pla de Montgat, Sant Joan and Les Moreres. Montgat has 2 kilometers of sand and these 3 beaches, divided by a rocky promontory called the Cove of Montgat. In them, the sea looks blue intense in the sunny days. It has a narrow promenade that crosses gardens, the Torre de Ca n’Alzina and picturesque vintage chiringuitos. In front of Montgat station has been installed the brand new Malamar complex, where you can practice wakeboarding, wakeskate, paddle surf and other sports
3) Beach of the Pont de Petroli in Badalona. Leaving from Badalona station in the direction of Barcelona, the beach of the Pont de Petroli is very close. An enormous elongated structure stands out here, a melancholy dock 250 meters long that penetrates the sea and once served to discharge the oil. Nowadays it is used as a walking place and scientific platform. Divers will enjoy the rich seabed since the water is usually transparent. Next to the beginning of the runway, a sculpture of a very human ape holds a bottle with condescending smile, which is the homage of the city to the nearby Anise Factory.
4) The beach of Garraf a length of 380 meters, fine sand mixed with stones and very little inclination of entrance to the sea. Between the beach and the train track is the area that gives the name to the beach, a kind of seaside neighborhood built almost on the sand of the beach. The wooden huts, now remodeled, are old barracks that fishermen used to store their utensils. There are showers, sinks and rescue equipment, rental of sunbeds, umbrellas and pedaloes, there are also a couple of restaurants.
5) Platja de Sant Sebastià. It is between the old town and the marina of Sitges, nestled in a neighborhood of maritime tradition. It is a familiar beach frequented by the neighbors of the town, with a length of more than 200 meters. From the sand you can enjoy magnificent views of the old town, located on a small hill overlooking the Mediterranean. The beach has all the services and is adapted for people with reduced mobility.
6) Cala de l’home mort. It is a naturist beach located in a secluded corner to the south of the term of Sitges, conformed by the Platja de l’Home Mort and the Platja de Roses. The two are separated by a small rocky ravine and draw a bay open to the winds of the area. The length of both beaches is close to 300 meters, but they do not exceed 10 meters wide. The waters are shallow and the seabed consists of small rocks and sand. There is a poolside snack bar with a sun terrace and sun loungers and parasols.
7) Platja de Morer. Located in the north of the municipality of Sant Pol de Mar, this beach runs parallel to the train track. It has a length of 750 meters of coarse-grained golden sand, and narrows as it moves eastwards. Located above the motorway, there are the Roman ruins of the Morer, a wine production center from the 1st century. The beach has a shower, lavapies, Red Cross point, drinking fountain and wooden walkways for people with reduced mobility.
8) Platja de Sant Simo. It is located in the northern area of Mataró, between the Sant Simó stream and the municipality of Sant Andreu de Llavaneres. It has a length of 1,100 meters of white sand, is quite narrow. The beach is divided into an area of family use, which is closer to Mataró, where most of the services are concentrated – parking, showers and lavapies, rental of hammocks and beach bars; And another furthest from naturist. This sector is more interesting for those who practice scuba diving.
9) Playa de la Pineda. You just want the sand? In Castelldefels you are waiting for almost 5 kilometers of sandy beach with all the services you can imagine and want to make the most of the beach with all the comforts of the world. In La Pineda, in particular, they have a multi-sports area where you can play beach, handball, volleyball and soccer. And, the great novelty, a space to practice kitesurfing, a vindication of the fans.
10) Calella. It is a small town perfectly connected by train that has also been classified as a family destination for its blue flag beaches. Calella offers its golden sand, myriad of beachside restaurants and great nightlife. However, the beaches are not far behind because it has 3 kilometers of where to find Garbí beach, which has won many national and international awards. Also Gran beach, considered one of the best in the region for its entertainment offer such as concerts for children, traditional dances … And, finally, the beach of Les Roques, south of the city. It is a very picturesque place, where the pines create an idyllic setting.